Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
It's a gift for the bride and the groom. Orange cake covered and layered with orange flavoured buttercream. I've always love orange cake. I hope the couple and their families like it as much as I like it too.
So I tested my end products by showing them to my 2 year old niece who is also a fan of Pocoyo. My sister (Qaseh's mom) told her daughter, "Qaseh, I have something to show you.."
I found it sad and hilarious at the same time when she responded to her mom, "Oh, something for me...?", where her mom them cruelly answered, "Something, but they are not for you." Mean. Poor Qaseh. Well she never did like cakes anyway. So, it is fine - Qaseh recognized all of them Pocoyo team members.
Monday, January 26, 2009
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup of cooking oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1.5 cups water
1/2 cup dried limes (or fresh lime juice)
3/4 cup kidney beans (I used canned kidney beans because I was too lazy to pre-cook the dried beans)
1 cup spring onions, finely chopped
1.5 cups spinach, finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
1/4 cup garlic chives, finely chopped
1/4 cup fenugreek, finely chopped (optional)
1. Trim meat and cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) cubes.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Adas Polow (Lentil Rice)
200 g lentils, washed and cooked until tender in salted water
500 g long grain or basmathi rice
400 g ground beef or lamb
1 cup raisins
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon saffron
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper to taste
1. Firstly, soak the rice in water for at least 30 mins. The original recipe requires me to soak it for 3 to 4 hours but I couldn't wait that long.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
- melt white chocolate with heavy cream using the double-boil method. when the chocolate is completely melted, add the strawberry flavoring and whisk in. chill until it is pliable.
- put the chopped hazelnut in the microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes (so that it gets a little bit baked). don't forget to move the nuts around every minute or two so that it won't get burnt. cool to room temperature.
- roll the chilled chocolate into bite size spheres. don't forget to wear gloves so your germs won't get stuck to the truffles! ;)
- melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it on some of the truffles. roll the remaining truffles in the chopped hazelnuts.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
a week ago, i dreamed about my sister's lorraine quiche. and since i still have the leftover sharp cheddar from my broccoli and cheese soup, i decided to make something good out of something that's getting bad. so here goes my altered version of chicken and broccoli casserole (original version was taken from recipezaar).
Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 head broccoli
2 onions, diced
5 small potatoes, diced
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- preheat oven
- cut up broccoli and place it at the bottom of a casserole dish
- place diced chicken, potatoes, and onions on top of the broccoli
- mix the cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and curry powder until well blended and smooth
- spread the soup mixture on top of the chicken+potatoes+onions+broccoli
- cover with cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes
and again, it slipped my mind to take pictures of my casserole coz i never thought ms. not-so-tiny-me would want me to post it here.
Monday, September 15, 2008
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup butter
1 quart half-and-half
2 cups fresh carrots, grated
1 lb broccoli, washed, cut
1/2 cup flour
1 cube chicken stock diluted into 1 quart of water
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in butter. When onions are golden, stir in garlic and set aside.
- Make the roux. Melt 1/2 cup of butter and stir the butter and flour over medium heat. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half. Add the chicken stock whisking all the time. Simmer until it thickens.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat until veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour in batches into a blender and puree.
- Return to pot and add the grated cheese and stir till well blended.
- Put on low heat and stir the nutmeg.
Sharp cheddar cheese is simply aged/matured cheddar. And be careful when you make the roux. The kitchen saw me screaming for my mom in dire need of some extra hand. maybe i'm just retarded.
I don't have the pictures for this post coz the soup made its way to the tummy faster than i thought.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I put water hazard in the golf course and sand trap. Though the sand trap wasn't a good one, as you can see it was of darker shade than it should be, the sand trap tasted yummy because I used Loacker Cremekakao wafer. :D If I ever have to make this theme again in the future, I'll definitely use some plain wafer instead.
The not so new kamasutra theme is also back, only this time they were for Aziz. I had to crack my head for more position and their names to make sure no two cupcakes have the same position. So here, I have 18 different positions together with their names.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
But anyhowsoever, what customers want customers get. I was asked to make these cakes that way so I made it. I also noticed that it's generally better to have more than a set of nine cupcakes in order to make a full fledge themed cupcakes. Nine is just too few.